Theta Burst TMS
Now Being Offered…THETA BURST TMS!!
- A 6 minute, affordable, “off-label” protocol for the treatment of Depression and other Mental Illnes
- 30 + 6 Theta Burst Sessions (2 x’s a day) (other packages available)
- Theta Burst Stimuation (TBS) is a revolutionary form of brain stimulation that more closely mimics the natural rhythms of activity in the neurons of the brain.
- Theta bursts are short bursts of stimulation at high frequencies, with the bursts themselves being applied 5 times per second.
- First used in 2005, TBS has been shown to produce stronger and longer lasting changes in brain activity, while requiring much less time to administer.
- Clinicians believe that TBS may eventually prove to be more effective than the older forms of stimulation in treating neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- We are so excited about TBS stimulation that we now offer “off-label” TBS treatment on the Neurosoft TMS Device for depression and a variety of other mental disorders. (please see below for more information regarding “off-label” protocols)
- TBS is currently “off-label” and not covered by insurance. However, because TBS can be performed at an accelerated pace, North Shore TMS offers a variety of packages and financing
- Call Us Now at 631.923.0006 to learn more today!!!
What ARE “Off-Label” Treatment Protocols?
Although there is overwhelming scientific evidence that TMS Therapy is being successfully used to treat a wide range of other mental health disorders and illnesses globally, The FDA has only cleared TMS Therapy for Major Depression. When TMS Therapy is administered for treatment of other mental disorders, not currently cleared by the FDA it is described as “off-label”.
Why is Theta Burst Stimulation (TBS) ideal for “Off-Label” applications?
TBS is backed by scientific research and is being used extensively in Europe, and by the nation health service in Canada. It can be administered in a fraction of the treatment time (3-6 minutes vs 20-36 minutes for FDA cleared standard in the U.S currently, and in 3 days vs. 30 days of treatment) providing equal or better results.
What are some examples of other illnesses that have successfully been treated by “Off-Label” TMS?
Physicians like Dr. Carlsen and leading hospitals globally are using TMS to successfully treat:
- Chronic Pain
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- And more…contact us for more information!
Are “Off Label” TMS therapy solutions covered by insurance?
Unfortunately, no. For this reason Dr. Carlsen has worked tirelessly using her years of experience in TMS searching TMS devices and protocols that would allow her to lower her treatment cost while providing the best patient care. She discovered FDA cleared TMS devices from France and Russia with a specialized coil that dramatically lower TMS treatment time and cost while also allowing for the administration of these “off-label” treatments.
To speak with one of our certified technicians and see if “Off Label” treatment is right for you, contact us today.