Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
TMS therapy was cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for patients suffering from depression who have not gain benefits from antidepressant treatment. TMS stands for “transcranial magnetic stimulation.”
TMS Therapy is performed in our office in Huntington, NY and is under the supervision of Dr. Andrea Carlsen. At North Shore TMS we offer the latest in TMS technology. TMS therapy is:
- Non-invasive, meaning that it does not involve surgery. It does not require any anesthesia or sedation, as the patient remains awake and alert during the treatment
- Non-systemic, meaning that it is not taken by mouth and does not circulate in the blood stream throughout the body.
The typical initial treatment course consists of 5 treatments per week over a 4-6 week period, for an average of 30 to 36 total treatments. Each treatment session lasts approximately 20 minutes.
TMS+YOU is an online community and national patient advocacy site for TMS Therapy. Those considering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation can connect with patients who have had the treatment to answer questions, share insights, and get the latest information.
- FDA cleared CloudTMS machine + touch screen laptop
- Fully customizable and comprehensive session reports
- Intensive TMS training and technique fundamentals
- FDA cleared TMS therapy for the treatment of depression
- Advanced cooling heat technology enables long continuous use times without having to worry about overheating
- Designed to run quiet with a cooled angulated figure-8 coil enabling more focal targeting of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex
- The device’s handheld stimulator coil can be used to establish motor threshold, before locking in place over the treatment area to begin therapeutic stimulation.
- Allows placement at multiple sites for the treatment of different psychiatric disorders
- Allows for Theta Burst Stimulation